In just a fortnight from now, some 20,000 retailers and buyers will descend on Hong Kong for the world’s largest timepiece exhibition and trade conference.
The Hong Kong Watch & Clock Fair, which runs from September 5-9 at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre in Wan Chai, will feature more than 800 exhibitors showcasing the newest technologies and designs in the industry.
Retailers visiting from overseas qualify for special hotel sponsorship in partnership with the Hong Kong Trade Development Council – and can sign up for a free, retailer-angled guided tour of the best show highlights, in partnership with Inside Retail Hong Kong.
Besides the latest generation technology and watch styling on show, there is a compelling panel discussion relevant to retailers led by Moses Leung of the Federation of Hong Kong Watch Trades & Industries, about industry trends and the current state of the market.
Part of the fair of greatest appeal to retailers is the Salon de Te, the premium platform for designer and original brands, highlighting designer watch collections in five themed zones:
- Wearable Tech: Branded smart watches.
- Chic & Trendy: Stylish and trending watch labels including Code (Hungary), Deep Blue (US), Hush Puppies (US), Rhythm (Japan)and Wacocoro (Japan).
- World Brand Piazza: Limited editions and rare timepieces from 13 brands – Blancpain, Bovet, Breguet, Bulgari, Chopard, Corum, DeWitt, Franck Muller, Glashütte Original, H Moser & Cie, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Piaget and Zenith.
- Craft Treasure: Mechanical and jewellery watches that exemplify horological craftsmanship.
- Renaissance Moment: Classic and elegant European brands such as Guy Laroche (France), Lancaster (Italy) and Van Gogh (Netherlands).
Cash incentives for retailers
As a partner with the Hong Kong Watch & Clock Fair, Inside Retail, in conjunction with the Hong Kong Trade Development Council, invites readers to apply for cash incentives and other benefits for attending the upcoming event, including:
- Hotel sponsorship (up to HK$3000).
- A HK$100 dining coupon for the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre.
- A souvenir: Jigzle Antique Clock Watch Case (valued at HK$108).
- Free admission badge.
A comprehensive program of watch parades, seminars, buyer forums and various networking events will be held during the fair to bring industry players the latest market insights and facilitate business exchange. In particular, representatives of major watch associations around the world will gather and discuss challenges and opportunities in watch manufacturing at the Hong Kong International Watch Forum on September 5, while speakers from watch brands and the wearable technology sector will be invited to explore smart movement in time at the Asian Watch Conference on September 6. There will also be a seminar to provide an update on the ordinance concerning the use of the Swiss-made label.
Meanwhile, places on the retailer tour are strictly limited so please register early to ensure you do not miss out.
Visit our website for full details of the event, the tour and the cash incentives opportunity.