Category changes have been announced for the seventh edition of the jewellery industry’s JNA Awards, broadening representation for retailers.
Organised by UBM Asia, the awards champion best business practices in the jewellery and gemstone trade by honouring companies and individuals that demonstrate leadership, innovative thinking, and sustainable and socially responsible strategies, with a focus on Asia.
There will be two Retailer of the Year awards (by outlet size), and the Manufacturer of the Year – Cutting & Polishing category returns.
The categories will be:
● Lifetime Achievement Award (nominated by the organiser)
● Brand of the Year – Retail
● Industry Innovation of the Year (business model, management process, marketing or branding initiatives, manufacturing process, product development, technology, gemmological research)
● Manufacturer of the Year – Jewellery; and Cutting & Polishing
● Outstanding Enterprise of the Year – ASEAN/Japan/Korea; Greater China; India
- Retailer of the Year – up to 500 outlets; 501 outlets and more
● e-Supplier of the Year
● Sustainability Initiative of the Year
● Young Entrepreneur of the Year
“We are honoured to recognise those who have the audacity to break rules, challenge the status quo and do things differently to stay on top of trends, drive business growth and embrace sustainability practices,” says UBM Asia senior VP Wolfram Diener.
The online entry submission process starts in early March and ends in late April.
Headline partners for the awards are Chow Tai Fook and Shanghai Diamond Exchange, with the KGK Group, Guangdong Gems & Jade Exchange and Guangdong Land Holdings as honoured partners.