Maison Boucheron Singapore already has a boutique store in The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, the first of 50 such outlets worldwide in an integrated resort.
Founded in 1858, Maison Boucheron was the first jeweller in the Place Vendome in Paris. Founder Frederic Boucheron created a workshop in 1866, and the following year won a gold medal at the Universal Exhibition in Paris.
His first international venture was a boutique store in Moscow in 1897, which was transferred to St Petersburg in 1911. The Moscow boutique re-opened in 2003.
In 1903, a boutique was opened in London’s New Bond Street, and an office in New York. In 1973, the first boutique opened in Japan.
Continuing the expansion into Asia, Boucheron opened two boutiques in Hong-Kong in 2013, on Pedder Street and at Ocean Terminal.