Isetan to open Japan Store Kuala Lumpur
The Isetan Mitsukoshi Group will open a new specialty store, Isetan The Japan Store Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia at the end of October.
“As global interest in Japan continues to grow, we are pleased to introduce Japanese history, culture, technology, diversity and lifestyle designs,” the company said, announcing the initiative.
“The new store will deliver Japanese lifestyles and aesthetics to customers. We will bring not only the best of Japan, but authentic Japanese experiences as well.”
The venture has the support of the government-financed Cool Japan Fund Inc.
Comprising 11,000 sqm of floor space, Japan Store Kuala Lumpur will be located in the renovated Lot 10 and have six storeys introducing high-quality products, experiences and services:
- LGF: New dining style based on authentic Japanese tastes and technologies – groceries, sake, beer & whisky, Japanese and Western sweets and green tea, delicatessen, eat-in dining space, fresh foods, etc.
- GF: Fashion, art, technology.
- 1F: Japan’s fashion culture, a melting pot of unique combinations.
- 2F: A collection of products featuring unique Japanese materials and technology to “enhance beautiful, healthy lifestyles”.
- 3F: Experience Japanese culture – bookstore, culture academy, photo lounge, etc.
- 4F: Restaurant floor featuring authentic Japanese cuisine to open in January 2017.
Hiroshi Ohnishi, Isetan Mitsukoshi president and CEO said the company will introduce Japan’s exceptional products, experiences and services to the world.
“In 2011, Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) launched Cool Japan, a program promoting the introduction of regional products, fashion and other content to the world. In this context, the Isetan Mitsukoshi Group has promoted the Japan Senses campaign, introducing to our customers remarkable traditional crafts from all over Japan, styling them with a newborn originality. Now, to more clearly convey the spirit of Cool Japan, we are ready to show the world the exceptional craftsmanship Japan is proud to offer.”