How OTO maximises its stores’ potential with MPower Conversational E-commerce
With the drastic changes brought from the evolving retail environment and shifting customer behavior, traditional retail businesses are struggling to survive.
Many of them suffer from declining foot traffic, reduced revenue and high operating costs. To survive in this difficult time, it is crucial for retailers to embrace digital solutions that will help to strengthen the connection and interaction with their customers.
OTO Bodycare: embracing their challenges
“There are several difficulties we are facing when running traditional offline business,” explains Charlie Yip, MD of OTO Bodycare Hong Kong. “The high operating cost, the decrease in mall traffic, consumer behaviour is changing.
“Having been in traditional business for 42 years, the consumer-purchasing behavior is changing. In order to sustain our business, we need to explore more new channels.”
OTO Bodycare, a leading retailer of relaxation and fitness products, is looking for new ways to interact with its customers. Traditionally, it has been difficult for retailers to extend the same high-touch service from stores to online. Customers always want to know that the massage chair is going to be the right size, comfort and specifications.
Last year, OTO Bodycare empowered its in-store staff with MPower Customer Engagement Platform (CEP) that allows them to expand Store Point of Sales (POS) to a personalised POS in the palms of OTO individual store staff’s hands and connect digital traffic to stores for seamless high-touch services.
With MPower’s CEP, a personalised online store owned by individual store staff, they can:
- Proactively share their personalised stores as an Electronic Product Catalogue and gather contacts from customers.
- Allow customers to reach the knowledgeable store staff via social messaging anytime, anywhere for personalised product recommendations.
- Improve the productivity of store staff, making use of quiet times to engage with customers through live chat.
- Reach out to a new segment of young and affluent customers.
After a mere six months, thanks to using MPower’s CEP, OTO was able to:
- Increase incremental digital traffic by 20 per cent.
- Increase incremental transaction volume by 7 per cent.
- Double the average order value compared to pure online sales.
MPower Technologies, a subsidiary of Ma Belle International, set out to develop solutions to address the problems faced by retail businesses. Having the DNA of a jewellery retailer, the company offers solutions from understanding how retailers operate.
With its Customer Engagement Platform (CEP), MPower Technologies aims to enable closer and more personalised engagement with customers, building a trusted relationship and direct online store traffic to offline stores, driving up the transaction volume.
No related posts.