DJI opens futuristic drone shop in China
DJI, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of unmanned aerial vehicle technology (drones) has opened its first flagship drone shop, in Shenzhen.
As the photos demonstrate, the store is futuristic in its design and customer engagement let alone the sci-fi nature of the products the brand sells.
The store, at OCT Harbour, features a full range of DJI’s consumer products and aims to let consumers see, touch and learn firsthand about the company’s innovative and creative platforms.
“The DJI flagship experience is an important touchpoint to connect people with our cutting-edge technology and get a sneak peek into the future,” said Frank Wang, DJI founder and CEO.
“Whether you are curious to learn how to fly or a professional looking for the latest aerial imaging technology to create your next big idea, the flagship store will provide you with the opportunity to really experience the DJI brand up close and in person. More importantly, it will allow us to engage our customers in a deeper and more meaningful way.”
On display and for sale will be DJI’s Phantom 3 series, the Inspire 1 and Spreading Wings series, Matrice 100, Guidance, the Ronin handheld three-axis camera gimbal line, as well as the company’s latest integrated stabilized 4K handheld camera, the Osmo.
The flagship’s interior architecture is based on the concept of yuan, the Chinese word for “circular.” It is symbolic of DJI’s drone propellers, which form a circular shape when in motion. This concept can be seen in various places around the store, including the SkyPixel Around the World interactive installation, which is featured on a cylinder-shaped map in the shop’s center. The flagship store also features a theatre, flight area, lounge area and repair counter.
The OCT Harbour store features a stunning waterfront view and is surrounded by a vibrant culture of tourism, ecology and commerce.
Highlights of the flagship store include:
- Theatre: Visitors can expect an immersive visual experience at the Theatre, where they can see stories captured from the sky and content from around the world.
- SkyPixel Around the World: An interactive installation, where visitors can explore photo and video stories captured by aerial enthusiasts from the Skypixel community.
- Flight Area: DJI pilots will be there throughout the day to perform demos, and the LED screen will project different backgrounds to match the different flight experiences.
- Lounge Area: Visitors can sit back and relax in the lounge area, talk with staff and learn about DJI’s latest products.
- Repair Counter: A team of customer-support staff to provide technical assistance, help with firmware updates and make reservations for drop-off repair.
The DJI flagship store is located at the Shenzhen Tourist Information Center, OCT Harbour, East No.8, Baishi Rd, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China. Opening hours are Sun-Thu 10am to 10pm; Fri-Sat 10am to 10.30.
DJI was founded and is run by people with a passion for remote-controlled helicopters and experts in flight-control technology and camera stabilisation. The company is dedicated to making aerial photography and filmmaking equipment and platforms more reliable and easier to use for creators and innovators around the world. DJI’s global operations currently span North America, Europe and Asia, and its products and solutions have been chosen by customers in over 100 countries; for applications in film, advertising, construction, fire fighting, farming, and many other industries.
The company has a YouTube channel featuring its products in action.