Retail Congress attracts delegates from 50 countries
The World Retail Congress is set to gather retail industry executives from more than 50 countries.
Taking place from September 29 to October 1 in Paris, this year’s World Retail Congress will see more than 1500 retail CEOs, chairmen, presidents and MDs meet to discuss strategic retail opportunities.
“The World Retail Congress is the biggest convention of our industry’s leading stalwarts and it provides exciting opportunities to network. With the opening up of the global marketplace and the rapid proliferation of online retail formats, the industry today is more competitive and dynamic. I am excited to be here this year and look forward to great insightful sessions by the leaders of our industry,” said Sanjeev Mohanty, MD, Benetton India.
Since its launch in 2007, the congress team undertakes rigorous and extensive research amongst senior retailers and other industry experts to gauge the most informed opinions on the issues shaping retailing.
This year’s advisory board includes CEOs and MDs from John Lewis, X5, Tesco, Spar, El Corte Ingles, Bata, Deloitte, Co-op and many more.
With the theme “Retailing in an age of disruption”, the three-day congress will discuss topics including:
- The Retail Disruptors – Understanding the new breed of agile, innovative retailers
- Millennial Shoppers – Getting to grips with this new customer demographic
- Re-defining customer experience – Meeting the ‘I need it now’ culture
- Emerging Markets – New growth market opportunities
- Innovative operating models – Re-designing business culture and structure
Over 165 expert speakers will be sharing their insight and experience into how they will be developing their strategy to respond to retailing in this era of disruption. Speakers include:
- Andy Street, managing director, John Lewis
- Mike Gould, chairman, Bloomingdale’s
- Ayana Parsons, head of retail, World Economic Forum
- William Fung, group chairman, Li & Fung
- Ken Murphy, managing director, international & brands, health and beauty division, Alliance Boots
- Ray Kelvin, founder and CEO, Ted Baker
- Garry Hogarth, CEO, Agent Provocateur
- Joe Tripodi, global CMO, The Coca-Cola Company
- Steve Robinson, CEO, ACHICA.com
- Ning Li, co-founder & CEO, Made.com
- Robin Terrell, group multi-channel director, Tesco
- Manel Jadraque, CEO, Desigual
- Tito Costa, founder & managing director, Zalora
- Jeremy Hodara, co-founder and CEO, Jumia
- Olivier Mathiot, co-founder and CEO, PriceMinister (part of the Rakuten Group)
- Sanjeev Mohanty, managing director, Benetton India
- Mukesh Bansal, founder and CEO, Myntra.com
- Sudhitham Chirathivat, former executive chairman, Central Group
- Robin Philips, e-commerce director, Waitrose
The congress will also offer 15+ hours of dedicated networking where face-to-face meetings can be arranged and lasting business partnerships established with the global retail elite.
For a senior retailer, there are few opportunities to mix with peers and make new contacts as well as having conversations with other executives tackling the same problems and issues.
No related posts.