Boutique Boulevard, one of the most prestigious events on the Hong Kong social calendar, returns in October offering an extraordinary and experiential showcase of lifestyle offerings at Landmark’s connected retail properties.
Boutique Boulevard this year celebrates eight timeless musical genres: rock, pop, jazz, Latin, country, groove, Canton pop and soundtracks, in a creative retrospective of music and its influence on contemporary fashion and lifestyle. boutique boulevard launches with an exclusive VIP and high-society gala event at the Landmark Atrium on October 16.
This year, the celebrations extend from a one-night-only event into a 16-day extravaganza across Landmark’s four buildings including Landmark Atrium, Landmark Alexandra, Landmark Chater and Landmark Princes.
The essence of Boutique Boulevard is the in-store shopping experiences curated by over 80 world renowned brands. Featuring some unique experiences for the opening night, artisans are flown in from Europe to demonstrate tailoring and craftsmanship. Customers will have the chance to preview the latest runway collections and enjoy a myriad of offerings including personal styling, high jewellery exhibitions and much more.
The excitement will continue through the 16 days with other in-store experiences and music-inspired creative installations and art exhibitions. Trend-setting shoppers can pick from a selection of exclusive items especially curated for boutique boulevard, including Bulgari, Charlotte Olympia, Dries Van Noten, Fendi, Manolo Blahnik, Miu Miu, Moynat, Roger Vivier and Stella McCartney.
Created especially for Boutique Boulevard, customers can have a selection of shopping rewards between gift certificates of up to HK$13,000 or bespoke art-de-vivre experiences. The experiences include an overseas trip with Chef Bombana Umberto on an incredible ‘truffle-hunting and auction journey’ in Alba, the sanctuary of the Italian white truffle. Those who appreciate fine and timeless jewellery will be able to get a glimpse into the extraordinary world of Van Cleef & Arpels, with a private high jewellery workshop tour and the opportunity to participate in a course at the famous L’Ecole Van Cleef & Arpels, both taking place in Paris.
Visitors to Boutique Boulevard can experience music-inspired interactive installations throughout Landmark’s four buildings as part of the boutique boulevard experience from 16th October throughout the end of the month. The installations include:
- ‘Birth of the Cool’ at Landmark West Bridge – Susanne Schapowalow, the only recognised female jazz photographer of the 1940’s and 1950’s, offers a rare glimpse into the undisputed greats of 20th Century jazz with intimate black and white images of jazz stars such as Ella Fitzgerald, Oscar Peterson and Miles Davis.
- ‘Icons of Rock’ at Landmark Alexandra – a photographic showcase of some of rock’s iconic stars by noted rock music photographer Kevin Cummins, who was a major contributor to Rock X-Posed, a US touring exhibition of the best Rock ‘n’ Roll photos in the world and to major music publication NME.
- ‘Sounds of Pop!’ at Landmark Atrium – artist Paul Van Scott, who creates incredible digital mosaic images using objects closely related to the final image, brings a unique twist to images of 20th and 21st Century Pop-icons including Lady Gaga, Madonna and Bruno Mars.
- ‘In the Groove’ at Landmark Chater – an interactive sound station that allows you to create your own music track by mixing the sounds of various instruments. This station includes a timeline of music that makes you groove from the late 1950’s to the present day.
- ‘The Country Line’ at Landmark Chater – portraits of Country & Folk on Landmark East Bridge, showcases some of country and folk’s most influential musicians featuring the likes of Bob Dylan and Dolly Parton.
- ‘Lights, Camera, Music!’ at Landmark Prince’s – iconic cinematic soundtracks and Broadway musicals feature in the interactive ‘jukebox’ touch-screen installation.
Highlights of Landmark’s Boutique Boulevard in-boutique experiences curated by over 80 luxury brands:
The Master Colourist and Tattoo Master will demonstrate unique patinated and tattooed leather techniques from the House of Berluti.
Enjoy the ‘Customization Atelier’ – an exclusive service that offers the opportunity to personalise a selection of Bottega Veneta handbags and small leather goods, for both women and men, in a unique selection of crocodile and ostrich leather.
In celebration of the Italian company’s 40th anniversary, Bulgari Landmark Chater hosts the Bulgari Heritage Gallery – showcasing a celebratory collection of new Bulgari timepieces.
Enjoy the Chloé-inspired cocktail and live portrait illustration with Chloe.
Dolce & Gabbana
FW15 runway look: A preview of the Dolce & Gabbana Fall/Winter 2015 ” Mamma” collection. An intimate and personal collection celebrating all mothers – representing the heart of the family.
Exclusive preview of the new Vespa 946 Emporio Armani capsule collection and the Armani-customized Vespa 946 – a special collaboration celebrating the 40th anniversary of the foundation of Giorgio Armani and the 130th birthday of scooter maker the Piaggio Group.
With model presentations in-store, guests will enjoy an intimate experience with the FW15 Defile collection, featuring the theme of Shearling Mania. Guests can also have an up-close look at the brand’s top-of-the-line craftsmanship and creativity when it comes to mastering different materials.
Experience the exclusive Jimmy Choo ‘Made-To-Order’ service, offering a tempting range of signature styles that can be custom-made in a myriad of colours, textures and finishes tailored to personal style preferences. Personalizing the soles of the shoes with the addition of monogram initials or numbers creates a bespoke, personal-memento of a special day or creates a very special gift.
Masterful timepieces from Ralph Lauren’s ‘Automotive’ collection will feature at boutique boulevard – with highlights including the new RL Automotive Skeleton – inspired by his personal 1938 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic Coupe. Driven by his collection of fine rare automobiles is the continuation of this carefully crafted auto-themed timepieces.